Friday, March 4, 2011

This is It!

This is it!  Tonight's the night.  My first gig as Merch Girl starts in about 2.5 hours.  The Horde and the Harem commence their West Coast tour this evening, with a kick-off event at the Sunset Tavern in Ballard, Seattle's most NW neighborhood (beat that, Fremont!).  Come on out, you Seattle homies!  You'll get to see the Gold Rush music video premiered, you'll get to hear the new tunes the Horde has been crafting, you'll get to see me (Merch Girl) "womaning" the merch table with all the aplomb and grace of a seasoned groupie.  

I'm sure you all are wondering how I landed such an amazing gig - how I got to go with one of Seattle's awesome bands down the West (best) coast, to cut across to Austin, TX for a two week music tour.   There's time enough for telling all the history behind my good fortune.  Right now, I've got to pack and fuel up for the journey.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. That's great Shan!! Being merch girl/groupie is a tough gig sometimes but it has its moments. I'm married to a member of the band I merch/group after. What's YOUR excuse? Maybe you're getting paid or some crazy notion like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being paid is not in the cards :) I'm going with some friends of mine from Seattle - wrapping my job up and looking for some fun in the meantime. It'll be an interesting gig for sure... Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete